Tour the library during the Larner Learning Commons Open House, Thursday, August 3, 2:30 to 4:00 pm! We invite you to take a self-guided tour. Our faculty and staff are available to answer your questions at some of the following locations. Please refer to the information below where there is not a person on hand, like in our study areas and group study rooms. And don’t hesitate to ask for directions! All locations are marked with signs.
- Approximately 12,000 people use the library monthly
- Front of the library can be used for group or individual work
- Weekly UVM Statistical Software Support Consultant: We have a librarian available Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for walk-in statistical support
- Soft group and individual seating; 6 computers
Our Main Desk is the hub of the library. Staff are ready to help patrons, whether it be with research, information, checking out books, or directions. Ask them questions! They are extremely friendly and helpful.
- Main Desk staff answer over 250 questions monthly
- Borrow items: Along with library Books and Media we have laptop peripherals, headphones, calculators and bookstands
- Schedule study rooms
- Borrow reserves
- Research assistance: Main Desk staff can connect you with a librarian!
Classroom and Exhibits
The Dana Classroom is for instructional use for the library, Learning Commons and UVM affiliated departments, as well as for overflow study space.
- Classroom contains 18 moveable seats and tables, a whiteboard, projection system, and laptop connections
- Classroom is frequently used for library, medical, and health science related workshops, exams, trainings and meetings.
- Contact Kate Bright at email@example.com or 656-0695 to learn more.
The library has 4 display cases for rotating exhibits. Exhibits focus on medical and health science topics that highlight UVM research and programs. We try to have 4+ exhibits per year.
- Approximately 12,500 print monographs are stored at Dana while the rest are available by request from the Library Research Annex (LRA)
- Over 2,100 electronic text books are available on most clinical and health sciences topics
- Over 5,000 electronic medical journals
- Access to dozens of health science reference databases
- Electronic books and journals are available 24/7
- Faculty and students can request back titles
Conference Room/Group Study
The Main Conference room is used for student group study sessions, small workshops, and library meetings and events. Scheduling instructions are posted on the door.
- Seats eight to twelve
- Computer, projection, and whiteboard
- Connectivity for personal devices
Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan (DD/ILL)
This department provides article delivery services both within the library and from other libraries:
- Borrowing from other libraries
- Scanned copies from Dana’s collection
- Free to all affiliates
- Fast turnaround time
- Book collections from the 16th century onward with a focus on Vermont
- Anatomical models for study use
- Anatomage Table: a virtual dissection table with touch screen capabilities
- Historical medical instruments
- Doctors’ bags
- Rotating exhibits
The Dana Administrative Offices include the offices of the Director, the Business Manager and Administrative Services. The programs that are run out of these offices are:
- Facilities and program development
- Communications and marketing
- Human Resources
Group Study Rooms
Available to be reserved for small group study:
- Reservations made at Main Desk
- 3 small rooms with connectivity for personal devices, seats 1-3
- 1 large room with large screen and whiteboard, seats 7
- White boards
Open areas in the back of the library:
- 43 seats; soft seating with privacy screens; carrels; tables and chairs; 6 computers
Swipe access area for all COM and CNHS students: 39 seats; soft seating with privacy screens, carrels, tables and chairs